Saturday, April 16, 2005

Thanksgiving Day in April

Today I am thankful. Thankful for many things:
  1. I still have my hair.
  2. I have nice hair, too! It is shiny and silky feeling. I will miss it.
  3. I have had such a good day today. Not sick at all. Whew!
  4. I had a good time at the driving range - although I didn't have enough oomph for an entire bucket of balls, the half bucket I DID manage was fun - and I hit the ball well.
  5. I am looking at a beautiful rose that grew in my garden. I cut it and put it in a vase and it is gorgeous.
  6. The Blue Dove over my front porch had TWO chicks! Today, Mark and I saw them both peeking out from under their mommy. Precious!
  7. Those chicken tacos my sister Arlene brought over last night - with the chocolate pie - were quite yummy today and that means I didn't have to cook! I love that.
  8. I got to chat online with Mark's mom in Ohio tonight. She is a very nice lady.
  9. Mark took me yesterday to get a turban thing to wear on my head just for those times when I just need SOMETHING on it. I really wanted one like my mom had - a baby blue one with bangs in it...but they didn't have one in that color at the wig shop in Concord Park & Shop. SO I got one in my favorite color - RED! I love it a lot! And we also ordered a hairpiece that goes into hats! I can hardly wait until it gets here.
  10. After chemo on Thursday, Mark took me to get my very own laptop computer! WAHOO! This way, I can blog from the chemo room! I am so excited! He is wonderful. Simply wonderful. Oh yeah, and it's got a dvd player of course! I am hoping they have a wireless network I can tug on to send email out, too.
  11. I am soooo thankful that my shot of Neulasta didn't seem to hurt as much as last time. I wore my SF Giants jersey just in case the other gal was there to give me the shot (the SF Giants Fan).
  12. It feels sort of like they didn't give me enough chemotherapy this time. I just don't feel that bad. THANK YOU! (Last time the third and fourth days were the worst, then there were the constant headaches, but here's hoping that I continue to feel as good as I do today....for a few more days at least.)
  13. I got a little warning from the nurse who gave me the Neulasta: my bones may feel sore for the next couple of weeks. WTF? What does that mean? As I understood it, the Neulasta is the WHITE BLOOD CELL booster shot. Well, heck, what did I know? Sister Arlene asked me where were they getting the blood cells...but I didn't know, and I didn't really consider her question, either. Well it was explained to me that the Neulasta is actually a shot of *stuff* that gives my bone marrow a jump start - tells it to start manufacturing more of my own white blood cells! Isn't that interesting? Amazing what science has given us. THANK YOU, SCIENCE!
  14. Thank you for all of my generous coworkers, friends and family.
  15. And thank you for the breast cancer. I mean it. I have learned so much and it really hasn't been all that bad. It has been exciting and interesting...and I have met so many people who have helped me in many ways - be it in a hospital setting or support group setting - or chatting online - or in my own house - they are my family - they are my friends. Thank you. It could have been sooo much worse for me. I caught my breast cancer just in time, and I am a healthy person. Thank you, God, for my health!
  16. Mark is so good to me. Thank you, God, for Mark.

No comments: