Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My New Look

I am so happy! Arlene helped me shave my head yesterday. I really like it!
What I like about my new look:
  • no hair in my eyes ...ever!
  • no hair tickling Mark when he hugs me!
  • no having to comb or brush or curl or spray my hair!
  • huge $ savings on hair care products!
  • it takes 45 minutes less time to get ready or work!
  • it feels soft...like a baby's bottom!
  • it feels so good to rub!
  • it's cool to the touch (I am usually warm..this has a cooling effect)!
  • it's C O O L !
  • people get out of my way in public!
  • my head has no scars and is shaped like...a head!
  • wigs (should I decide to wear one) fit better than they had when I had hair!
  • I lost weight! (ok about 4 ounces)
I have kidded around over the years about not having hair...wishing BALD as in fashion. I never ever have liked hair in my eyes.
I remember my very first day of school at Highlands Elementary: My mom had my grandma cut my hair into what we called a pixie cut. I hated it. I knew everyone would hate it...all the new people I would meet at school.
I remember swimming practice: I loved my hair short (I guess it grew on me) because I didn't need to wear a swimcap. Swim caps were always too hot!
I remember growing up: When fixing my or my sisters' hair, Mom would always pull it back so tightly from our faces into an elastic thingy.
The hair started coming out yesterday...in clumps...and it felt so good to pull most of it out, having been in those ponytails for a few days. So then Arlene and I went to Longs Drugs to get a Hair Clipper set (I wanted to be sure and pull the hair out that could come out..less stubble, see?) Once we got all the hair out that we could using the brushes and combs (I looked like Gollum), Arlene started with the hair clippers. She got it down nice & tight ....then I went to the shower and lathered up! I couldn't resist grabbing the Venus razor! Now I am smoooooth! It is really quite easy to shave a head with a razor. You can feel the spots that you miss. And I have no nicks!
Oh yes, the best thing of all about my new look:
I am killing cancer!

No comments: