Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Hump Day

So much for getting the homework done! Yesterday I slept for 5 hours during the day - when all I wanted (thought I wanted) was a little nap. I guess I needed a bit more than that. Couldn't believe I was able to sleep through the night. I am going to do my best to get the homework read, at least. There is a huge project at work that they need my help on - and I am determined to give them my help - but I am not sure how much I can get done.
Today is Wednesday, so we have to go get my blood cell counts taken this afternoon. Then we gotta run the results upstairs to my medical oncologist so he can tell me, "Looks good - see you tomorrow!" Then tomorrow I get the drip again. I can hardly wait for Thursdays. It seems such a long time in between chemotherapy treatments.
I have some stubborn stubble on my head. Hopefully it will come out with gentle loofah-ing. Or buffing? I am not sure how it will come out...maybe it will come out eventually?
This evening Mark and I are hosting a Team Meeting (Tickled Pink). We'll talk about how we are all doing with regard to raising the neccessary funds for the Avon Walk For Breast Cancer. We are also going to discuss the possibility of holding a charity golf tournament in order to get the $1800.00 per team member minimum. We should also discuss how we are all coming along with training for the event. It's a looooong walk. I haven't walked for a week and a half, actually. Not good. I need to walk more often. Mark had the foresight to enter us in the Bay To Breakers - that would be a good training walk for us. Plus, it's a good half-way marker to the Avon event. That will let us know how we are doing. The B2B is on May 16th.
My job for today is to get my car down to the Shell Gas Station to get a diagnostic check on the overheat problem and an estimate for repairs. So I guess I better get some clothes on and get it down there. Maybe a short nap first? LOL

No comments: