Friday, April 15, 2005

How I Am Feeling

  • My face feels hot.
  • My right hand is cold (probably because it is my mouse hand).
  • Didn't get much sleep last night (as usual). My theory is that the chemotherapy makes me tired and sleepy, so I sleep all day, then cannot sleep when I am supposed to. I am going to try and tough it out today so I can sleep tonight. Kinda hard though when you are not feeling good. I find it difficult to watch television - can't concentrate well enough to stick with a program. So, then I end up watching the clock. Wish me luck.
  • I took my pills for the morning:
    • 2 Dexamethasone (for hitting home-runs)
    • 1 Prilosec OTC (to help combat acid stomach - which will replace Pepcid...but should have been Protonix!) (I know, I am supposed to take 2, but I am going to take 1!) (I am going to call the pharmacist! ...or Cindy S! ..or maybe Peter K!
    • 1 Compazine (anti-puke)
  • My head feels heavy.
  • My pulse seems to race (I can tell this at night when all is quiet and I am wide awake).
I have started a baby blanket for my friend, Amitha. That will help me while away the hours today.
Thank you, Auntie Josie and Uncle Luis for the Chicken Mole Enchiladas yesterday evening!
I am sure you all know that the reason for chemotherapy is that it kills all fast-growing cells - which is why it is so good for fighting cancer cells. Included in fast-growing cells are: hair (of all types....hehehe) (meaning nose hair, eyelashes and eyebrows, too!), skin, cancer cells of course, and taste buds. And so I have heard from several people that my appetite will decrease, that food will taste funny, meat may taste sour, etc. So everyone anticipates my appetite will go down. The Chemo Nurse Practitioner, Kathleen, even gives me meds to take to help keep my appetite up. HA!
They have no idea who
I am. As if taste has ever mattered to me. LMAO! As if I even taste my food. Hello! I am a
CRONAN!
Debbie, thank you for the desserts for the jewelry party on Sunday. They were delicious.
Arlene, thank you for the pasta salad and the cupcakes that you brought, too. They were yummy!

No comments: