Thursday, April 14, 2005

Chemo # 2 - CHECK!

OK! Now I have had 2 chemotherapy infusions and only 6 to go. That means I am 25% done! WOO-hoo-hoo-hoo-HOO! Alright!
I had a much better time in there today than I had two weeks ago for a few reasons:
  1. Mark and I got there at about 8:30am so we were a little earlier than our 9:00 am appointment. We were, therefore, able to score the prime recliner. This way, Mark could sit right next to me in the guest chair. We had a full house for the rest of my time there, too.
  2. I got a little tearful on the way in to the doctor's office, but managed not to cry in the infusion room, itself.
  3. I was able to sit in the chair to optimize my chi. I was positioned so I was facing the door. and had no sharp edges pinting towards me. Actually, there are two chairs that have a view of the door, but my chair was the best position. :D
This time chemotherapy took a little less time according to the nurse...don't know why. Like, a few minutes.
SEEING RED
After chemotherapy I had to go immediately to the potty (I should have relieved my bladder before - will do next time! I had forgotten that is was a long appointment to sit still for...and I saw another woman have to drag her IV and stand into the potty...don't want to have to do that). Did I mention that after my chemotherapy my urine is red? It's because one of my medications (really strange to call it a medication when it is actually killing certain cells in my body...I will call it a DRUG from now on) is Adriamycin. Adriamycin is RED. Hehehe. I was joking around with my nurse today about how I was ready for my BLOODY MARY - all that was missing was a celery stalk.
NEW RX
After chemotherapy, we went to Longs Drugs #94 to pick up a new prescription to combat the acid stomach I have had for the last two weeks. It was written for #30 PROTONIX, T1 PO QD (30 pills take 1 tablet by mouth every day). What I got was PRILOSEC OTC #56, Take 2 capsules daily. In my Patient's Drug Monograph was a folded explanation (kinda): it was a DUR Reject from the insurance company that indicated the insurance would not cover the drug because I had not satisfied their STEP THERAPY requirement. What I should have done at that point was ask for a consultation, although I had not realized that I wasn't getting the medication I was prescribed...at least I did not recognize it as such. HEY! Aren't patients supposed to be offered a consultation on new prescriptions anyway?!
SHEFFIELD and the BEER
I watched the Yankess/Red Sox game tonight with Mark for a while. Did you see the Sheffield thing? I am furious that the guy who tossed the beer onto Sheffield was not ejected - FOREVER. There were a couple of angles on the *incident* and I don't think the commentators at ESPN saw the right angle to catch that guy in the GAP sweatshirt tossing the beer - they said it was accidental -BULL FERTILIZER. That guy with the beer is a real turd. Harumphf! I am going to "Hit the Hay" (as my dad used to say..he lived for a while on a farm while growing up, actually).

No comments: