Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Almost 1/4 done with Chemo!

We went to see Dr. Sherman today for our regular "Day-Before-Chemo Complete Blood Count and Consultation" visit. GREAT NEWS! I was thinking that I was to have 11 infusions of chemotherapy - which is strange because that is more than anyone I have met in the support groups - but I was wrong! I only have 8 infusions - and I have already had 1! WOOHOO! Wow. I was thinking I must have had a very large and agressive tumor to have warranted so much chemotherapy. I was figuring I would be bald for ALL of the Oakland Athletics games this season - but it doesn't look that way at all. It would have been ok, either way, though. I would know that I would definitely be free of any chance of microscopic cancer cells...
I haven't started losing my hair yet...but I feel it is coming soon. When I got out of the shower today and combed my hair I was very careful not to tug at any tangles. And there weren't many tangles anyway, thanks to PERT. I did notice there was quite a bit of hair in the comb...but on the other hand..not so much as I would think based on what the ladies in support tell me to expect. I have got to get back to the wig shop for one of those turban things that comes with bangs...they seem really easy to put on immediately - without fuss. I am pretty sure I will not be wearing a wig much at all...they are uncomfortable. And hot. And itchy.

No comments: