Thursday, April 28, 2005

Alien Nation-y

Well, my cousin-in-law, Saul was right. Saul said he knows someone at work whose skin got darker and darker as chemo treatments continued. That's what is happening to me. My hands are getting dark...like a dark suntan. And I am getting freckles. They aren't little freckle dots. They are more like patches of dark. I believe the medical term is SPLOTCHES. So now I look like a character on Alien Nation. Kinda. Actually, my head doesn't have the freckles, but my face is getting them.
Chemo is done for the day. We didn't get THE ultimate best seat in the house today. But, still Mark got to sit next to me..and we watched Apollo 13 on the new laptop PC. Great display on this puppy. Great movie, too. It is the 35th anniversay of the Apollo 13 Mission. Apollo 13 was launched April 11th, but entered the Moon's orbit on April 13th, 1970. Watching the movie made the time go by nicely in the chemo room. It was busy again today - lots of cancer killing going on over there at the doctor's office!
I sure do get pretty weepy at any little thing these days. I cried at several parts of the movie, I cry at any memory of my mother, I cry if the wind blows a certain direction.
I am feeling a little woozy right now, I think I will go pee some red stuff...and then lie down for a long nap. Oh yeah, gotta take my Protonix alternative (Prilosec). I am feeling pretty acid-y right now. Did I say I puked last night? Gosh, I could hardly get any sleep last night...then I threw up, too. I hate nights like that. They are coming more frequently.
Dr. Sherman
says I must be doing something right...to have my bloodwork so perfect when I see him on Wednesdays. I think he says that to all the girls...

No comments: