Tuesday, September 06, 2005

So Tired!

I am sooo tired. I met with Dr. Carmel today and he says it can be attributed to the radiation therapy. The weekend was good. My supraclavicular area (left side of my throat at my clavicle (where shoulder meets the front of my neck) is pretty doggone red and burnt from radiation. It feels rough. Doctor says to use 1% hydrocortisone along with aloe vera gel to help. Dr. Carmel is also expecting for me to have trouble swallowing soon. Luckily, I only have a couple more shots to my supraclav. Soon I will be getting my boost. I am going to call them my boobie boosts. This is the end of my radiation regiment and it consists of high dose radiation to the area where the tumor was....exactly. I will get a couple of weeks worth of boobie boosts.
Labor Day weekend was good. Mark and I went to the Earth, Wind and Fire and Chicago concert this weekend. It was fantastic. I started getting uncomfortable early on, though. I wasn't able to stand and dance like I would have liked to (I did dance some), but just being there was great. I had to use some vicodin to get through it.
Being back at work got a lot harder today than it was last week. The fatigue is really coming on strong. I am contemplating taking more leave for the next few weeks and maybe getting dial-in access so I can access email and such. Just a few weeks to get me past the radiation therapy. It is hard to sit at the desk all day. I go for walks around the office because sitting in the chair is uncomfortable due to the degenerative disc disease that has worsened since the cancer came on.
I am starting physical therapy (PT)tomorrow. This is to work on my back and the disc problem I am having. (did you know that disk and disc can be used interchangeably?) I have been prescribed PT three times per week for four weeks to start.
Kathleen called me today. Kathleen says my pro-time is up to 1.99. Not therapeutic, though. I will increase my coumadin intake to 5 mg every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 4 mg every other day of the week. I will recheck my pro-time in two weeks.

No comments: