Tuesday, September 27, 2005

New Drug - Zometa

I went to the doctor's (medical oncologist's) office yesterday. I got a new drug in my IV. It's not Aredia anymore. Now it's Zometa. I felt feverish yesterday and really exhausted. On top of that I feel like I am getting an earache. I hope I can still participate in the Swim A Mile For Women With Cancer on Saturday.
I am worried about my Norco prescription. I only have six tablets left. I don't use it all the time (I take it for pain in my back and leg). In fact I only take it maybe four nights a week and only at night. The Norco was prescribed initially by my surgical oncologist, but then it was refilled by the nurse practicioner at my medical oncologists office because I was in chemotherapy when my sciatica and the numbness came back in my left leg. (what I had used before for my leg was Ibuprofen 800, but since I am blood thinner/anticoagulant: Coumadin, I can't use it) It doesn't seem right to ask my medcical oncologist to refill the prescription when I am seeing a new doctor for my back problems, so I am going to get an appointment for the back doctor. The problem is, my appointment is not for two weeks from now and I am afraid of the pain coming back once I have run out of pills.

No comments: