Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday Monday

I went to work today despite shooting pains in my left underarm and left nipple areas. I tried to not let the shoulder harness of the seat belt irritate the broken skin on my radiated area on my neck. I tried to forget about the burnt skin on my left arm rubbing against the burnt skin on my left side while I was at work. And I tried to follow doctor's orders about not wearing a bra, but come on!
Other than that, everything went fine today, physical therapy included. My PT is Garrett. He is very nice. We are teaching me to not favor my left leg (the one that is numb). It's tough. So far no improvement regarding the numbness. Rats.
The A's beat the Indians this evening. "Wahoo!" Er..."Yeehaw!" (hehehe) Last year, I bought post-season tickets from a friend who has front row season tickets to A's games. Too bad they didn't make it. I am trying to time my purchase just right this year so as not to jinx anything.
Everyday I try and think of ways I can thank the folks in the Pharmacy Development department for all of those get well cards they sent me (two each week!). They signed so many of them over a four month period. Those cards were always filled with so many wonderful kind and caring thoughts and wishes. I was thinking about bringing in a huge cake that said THANK YOU on it, or maybe a huge basket of fruit... I had sent in a card, but I am not sure that they all saw it.
Joanstone is so nice. She gave me a Grande Mocha today...the effects of which I am sure to feel long into the evening hours. Sorry, Mark. HA! [yaddayaddayaddayaddayadda.....repeat.]
The Oakland Athletics are having a Breast Cancer Awareness promotion on September 25th. Because I am a survivor (and because I called the A's Community phone number to tell them that I was a survivor) they mailed me information about their Breast Cancer Day. So I called them again and they have sent me two free bleacher tickets to the game and I am registered to walk on the field during a pre-game ceremony to make a big pink ribbon along with hundreds of other survivors of this awful disease. The A's will be treating us (the survivors) and one other guest (Mark is coming with me) to a pre-game and ceremony luncheon. Plus, the game is going to be on ESPN as the Game of the Week! So watch! You might see me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deirdre,

It's true, in radiation therapy, they recommend not wearing a bra as much as possible...especially underwire bra's are not such a good idea because of how sensitive the skin gets. I was thinking though, that maybe you can buy one of those convertible bras? Hopefully they have without the underwire, but it may be helpful if you can use only one of the straps and not use the one putting pressure on your left supraclav area.

Best wishes,

Gatita (spanish for cat) :-)