Saturday, September 03, 2005

Back At Work

I went back to work on Thursday, September 1st. That's why I haven't posted a blog entry in a few days. Work was okay. Only 1588 email messages to sift through. By the time I left on Friday afternoon, I was down to 160.
I left work earlier than I had planned on Thursday. I left at 2 pm absolutely exhausted. I went straight to radiation therapy (they took me even though I was an hour early), and after that I went right home and had a four hour nap. I was tired.
Friday I managed to stick it out until 2:45 pm. I will make sure I bring my Norco (pain medication) to work with me from now on. Sitting in the chair at work is hard on my back. I took a couple of walks during the day to help take the pressure off my back - it seemed to help.
On Thursday morning I went down the hall to introduce myself and to thank Paula D. (interim Director of Pharmacy- MIS) for her intervention with the H.R. Department on my behalf. Paula is a wonderful lady. She let me know that she cares about me and that she will help me in any way she can. I told her I was a little frightened bythe pressure my supervisor was putting on me. She said she would talk to the new director and let them know that I will need time to get up to speed. She also assured me (and will remind my boss and new director) that she approved contract help for the department while I am recovering and she asked me to do only what I feel up to doing since I am back at work already.
Seeing everyone again was wonderful. It is nice to be back.

2 comments:

Big Heavy said...

congratulations on getting back to work! what a big step! i hope everything works out well for you.

Dee said...

keep keepin' on