Friday, November 18, 2005

Another Zometa Infusion

I had another Zometa infusion recently. I am getting Zometa because the breast cancer has spread to my bones.
It is always nice to visit the nurses at the doctor's office. When I got there the place was packed! (not really good to see so many people with cancer...) The room was so full: it had only one chair left. Good thing about that was that it was easy to choose a chair. Heeheee!
There was a time not long ago when most everyone who approached me asked me to remove my top so I could have a breast exam and then they touched my breast. Times have changed. Oh, they still come wanting to touch me, but now...they want to feel my new hair. I prefer this.
One of the nurses that used to set my IV up is now retired...her name is Mary. I miss Mary. But thank goodness, I still have Gwen! She is the sweetest thing. Gwen caught me with a puzzled look on my face and we talked a little bit about what was puzzling me. Then she brought my file over and explained things. She made sure I was satisfied and okay with the answers and made copies for me. Gwen is wonderful. She does the nursing, and she interacts with the patients in a very kind and caring way. She is never too busy for the patients.
I have only one complaint about the Infusion Room: the candy dish is out of Snickers Minis.

No comments: