Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Zometa Infusion

I had my Zometa infusion on Monday morning. That wipes me out for a couple of days. I get a fever and the sweats...not pretty. I wasn't sure about why I was switched from Aredia to Zometa, and I asked Dr. Sherman about it. He said, basically, it's too expensive. I guess too expensive for him because I don't pay anything for it. What has me worried is that I met an older gentleman in the infusion room who had been on Zometa, but it badly affected his liver so he was switched to Aredia. Now I have been switched from Aredia to Zometa! But Gwen, one of the infusion nurses told me that it is the patients' Creatinin levels that they watch...to see if the liver function is good...an, in fact, my Creatinin level has dropped by a point (which is good). So it appears that I am still safe with Zometa. Plus it takes less time to infuse than the Aredia. The elder gentleman told me he was switched to Aredia after the second infusion of Zometa. This was my second infusion of Zometa...so we'l see. He said he didn't feel any change in his body when his liver function went bad...so it is just the big labs (blood work) that tell if the Creatinin is going out of whack. Come on liver!

No comments: