Thursday, October 13, 2005

Houston 2, LA Angels 0, Top of 6 (Game 2 NLCS)

Well I got the confusion about blood tests figured out. I just go every two weeks to get BIG LABS, and now that I have my PRO-TIME at the right TIME (2.3) I only need to check that every month. Another thing that helped was having the doctor's office rewrite the standing order for BIG LABS to include cc:'s to me and the radiation oncologist. The original goes to my medical oncologist.
I have recently discovered a newsgroup for breast cancer folks like me (with metastatic cancer), thanks to a link from a link from a link I found on someone else's blog. I can't even trace it back to the original blog! Shame on me. Anyway, the url is bcmets.org. I love this site! Sooo much information for me, written by people with Stage IV cancer like myself.
My white blood cells are still low, and I am told to expect that for some time to come.
I went for a walk tonight with Mark. Didn't go far, but we went and that is what's important.
I have been having dry coughs at night, and when I am not, I have really heavy and thick chest congestion. Don't know why...
I am taking new drugs for my numb leg: Neurontin and Lyrica. Both are anti-seizure drugs that are also used in patients with neuropathy. It'd be nice to have a drug primarily for the neuropathy and maybe secondarily for seizures...SINCE I DON'T HAVE SEIZURES! What do I know? The spine surgeon who is prescribing the Lyrica [new drug on the market, btw...he prescribed it after i started crying in his office when he told me "It may or may not work (at getting rid of the numbness in my leg), it will do what it wants..."] said that a cortisone shot in my back and leg is usually indicated in cases such as mine, but since I am blood thinner (Coumadin) he won't give it to me. WAAAA! I feel like such a prisoner! Pisses me off, frankly. Oh well, God wouldn't close doors without leaving one open...so picture going around the *house* banging on walls trying to find the darn window!
Cheers!

No comments: