Friday, June 17, 2005

Ultrasound Today

Cindy from Dr. Sherman's office called. She said my Pro-Time results were clot time of 39 seconds (target is 20 to 35). So I do not take Coumadin tonight and restart again tomorrow decreasing it from 6 mg to 5 mg daily. I gotta get a picture of Cindy. We like Cindy a lot. :)
My fingers are pruny. I think it is because of the chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy. My fingers are very tingly and so are my feet.
I got an ultrasound this afternoon. There is a seroma in my armpit. Mark says it is a glob of goo. It is actually a pocket of serum. Harmless. But when I touch it it hurts. We'll have to get back to Dr. Sherman and see what he says we'll do about it. I think he said he was going to refer me back to Dr. Gorey (my surgeon). My ultrasound technician was Susan (formerly)Escajeda. I remember her from way back: she went to the Mr. Uglyman dance with my brother, Michael back in 1976 or so. Hehehe. It's always nice to run into people I know. Mark thinks I should work for the FBI...since I seem to know people wherever I go.
I asked the radiologist if I ever am going to come back to verify the clot is gone and he told me they rarely see patients to verify a clot in the arm is gone. Isn't that strange? So I am just supposed to be on Coumadin for the rest of my life? I don't want that. I just want to be on Coumadin until I don't have to be. This concerns me. Like, I found this seroma myself...but aren't I supposed to be looked after? I wonder when the radiation is done, what then? Will I have follow ups? A few months back I had an abnormal PET scan and also an abnormal MRI. The area in question is right where my clot seems to be - in my left arm. Well, we are not doing anything about those abnormal tests...we are just going to continue with the chemo and radiation plan....and we'll look at it afterwards. It seems like no one cares about that left arm. I don't know. It feels like I am on the cancer treatment train and that train doesn't stop for individual attention for things like mine....questions.
My cousin had her brain surgery today...she is doing well! Alright Remedy! She has already gone home. Only a one night stay at UCSF. Those guys are good.

No comments: