Friday, March 18, 2005

Another Day In Paradise

I was able to get into work again today. I was on Vicodin, but I didn't take it until after I got there. And, it didn't make me as queasy as it had the last couple of times I took it. I seemed to get a bit warm and a little *perspiry*, but I made it through without puking. I met a nice lady today - her name is Linda. Linda is a friend of my friend Xiaofeng, and Linda works in our office. Linda is a breast cancer survivor. Talking with her was inspiring. I jumped into some work today with my co-worker, KW, and I learned a bit about a new project. I wish I had remote access. If I had, I would be able to learn on the weekends...just play with the applications...I learn a lot that way. Especially when there is no documentation for a product. Hello? That is the only way to learn it when there is no documentation! What do I know? I will just have to learn about it during the week. I have a great supervisor. He is a nice man and he looks after me. I feel well supported with him. Thanks, Yan.
I am going to take another dose of vicodin because my arm just started the shooting pains again ...like 20 minutes ago. So I am going to sign off soon.
Tomorrow I am going to a GET STARTED SESSION for the Avon Walk with Mark and my sister Arlene. I am a registered walker and will be soliciting donations soon....(warning!)
Also - I spoke with my Aunt Pat in Sacramento tonight. Aunt Pat is my dad's half-sister. I have been thinking of her for a while - used to get email from her...but I have been thinking of her quite a bit lately. Dr. Kelly had asked about everyone in my family tree so we could map out the cancer in my family. I am happy to announce that Aunt Pat is alive and kicking! No cancer in her and no cancer in my grandfather's family that we know of! This is more information for our next meeting with Dr. Kelly which will be on March 23rd.
One more thing: I called Dr. Sherman to find out if he had sent my PET scan films to the MRI people at John Muir Hospital (they need those PET films for the MRI imaging on Monday, March 21st). Dr. Sherman was not in when I called. I will check with him again on Monday morning because the MRI folks say they don't have them yet (as of yesterday, March 17th). I also called Dr. Sherman's office to see if I could speak with Kathleen - the calendar she gave us is a little confusing....she was not in either. I will try them again on Monday.

No comments: