Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Xrays

Mark asked the doctor about the radiation therapy...what kind of rays would be used... Dr. Carmel says they are using high powered xrays. I counted and the last blast of xrays was for about 38 seconds (the one to my supraclavicular area). Whew!
I am starting to see and feel a little sunburn already on the left side of my chest. It seems a little early, but....whatever.
Sherry, one of the technicians, set me up with an appointment to "sim" my arm next Monday. I am looking forward to that. After this happens we will be ready to zap my laft arm, too. That is where the metastasis occurred.
I got an email from a mailing list I apparently signed up for in February (hehehe). First one. It is from The Wellness Community. The Wellness Community (TWC) is a national nonprofit organization that provides support, education and hope to people with cancer and their loved ones.
Anyway, the interesting thing about that email is that is had an link to an article on a guy named TOM CRONAN who did a wonderful thing: he made a W.A.R. on cancer. Read about it here.
Here is an exerpt from the article: The Wellness Community of San Francisco East Bay welcomed cancer survivor, Tom Cronan, on May 19th as he celebrated the final stop of his 6,600-mile cross-country motorcycle journey to raise cancer awareness. A pancreatic cancer survivor, Tom embarked on his challenging cross-country journey in March, visiting 22 affiliates of The Wellness Community nationwide to raise awareness about cancer survivorship and the free services available through The Wellness Community.
(I am thinking that by his last name we MUST be related...there are only a handful of CRONAN's in the USA)

No comments: