Monday, August 08, 2005

Radiation Therapy Is TORTURE

Well, not really torture. It's just that I can't talk, and I can't move AT ALL. That means no cracking jokes, no getting to know the technicians. For crying out loud, I want to know the people who see my breast every day, and most times TOUCH IT, ya feel me? Hehehe.
And, get this, in the radiation room they play music that I know and would normally just sing right along with...and I can't even do that. Not fair.
I met with Dr. Carmel after my appointment today. I guess it was just to check in after I had been through a couple of radiation sessions and to give me the opportunity to discuss any concerns. I had none and neither did he. He is very thorough!
Dr. Carmel did say that he spoke with Dr. Sherman about my arm and treating it with radiation. Dr. Carmel said it would only be ten treatments. He put a note in my file to have someone schedule a simulation for my arm sometime in the next few weeks. Plenty of time. He said I should be happy during those treatments: I can talk and sing as much as I want.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can sing all you want the next time you get your Aredia!! :)

Smiles,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

The techs are great especially Justin and Richard. You are in good hands, hee hee. Tell them hello for me.

: )

Alicia

Anonymous said...

I bet they're great but Justin and Richard are radiation techs at mt. diablo not john muir ;-)