Thursday, August 25, 2005

James Taylor Concert

I went to the James Taylor concert last night at the Greek Theater. I was pretty nervous about it. I was nervous about the walk to the theater from parking, about how I was going to climb the stairs to our seats. Until you experience chemotherapy, you might think you know how difficult it can be to move around, but you don't. I didn't. Not until chemotherapy. This was my first real outing since the chemo. I have been afraid to go out. I tried once before: Cleveland v. SF back in June. We (Mark and I) ended up going home before the first pitch. Well, last night was successful. I made it out. Yeah! Chemo drains all of the breath out of you. I feel so proud of myself. Thank you, Yolanda and Saul for a great evening.
This picture was taken by my sister, Arlene. Arlene came over after she got off work yesterday to help me with my makeup. I wore one of the wigs she gave me when I was diagnosed with cancer. Last night was the first time I wore a wig out (besides the few times I wore wigs to the radiation oncology department - which is another story I will get to later). She helped me with the wig, and drawing in eyebrows and helping me with mascara on the very few (5) eyelashes I had left, and all the of new growth I have in the way of new eyelashes. I am so excited to see the new eyelashes growing in! I am not so excited about the eyebrows that I will have to start tweezing again, or the underarm hairs that I will have to start shaving again. Anyway, Arlene does great makeup work. Arlene was here with me when my hair started coming out, and got me through shaving it off. Now she is here with me while my hair grows back in, and here for me to get my makeup on again and go out. It is so nice to have a sister to go through those things with you. I am very lucky. I have two of them.

4 comments:

Dee said...

that is a beautiful picture of you. Honestly I thought that hair was all you--well, they say, if it's on your head it's yours.

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT!! I never would have guessed it was a wig!! I'm so jealous you saw James Taylor... I wanted to go see him!!

Take care,
Lori

Big Heavy said...

gorgeous!!

Deirdre said...

You guys are so nice. Thank you very much.