Thursday, August 11, 2005

Feeling Better - Thank You Lance

For a while there I wasn't feeling well at all. I was so tired all the time. Even getting up in the night to use the restroom left me panting when I got back into bed. This brought on a bit of depression, I believe. It is a very difficult thing to get sick. We take our health for granted, don't we?
I have been feeling better. I don't get out of breath using the bathroom anymore, but I have a long way to go to get back to where I was before cancer. I try to do something at least three times per week, either going for a walk or swimming.
I have been reading Lance Armstrong's books. It is only because of these books that I realized that the fatigue was normal for a cancer patient. I was getting down on myself because I thought it was the weight gain. (OH yeah! Here's something: Dr. Carmel - my radiation oncologist - tells me that 9 out of 10 cancer patients gain weight during chemotherapy!) Lance's books are great and so inspiring. I would love to meet him one day.
Lance is going to be on HBO tomorrow night: CostasNOW at 9:00pm PDT. The Discovery Channel is also going to be re-airing the series CHASING LANCE on Aug 27 and 28 so check it out. I plan on spending the entire weekend in front of the big TV.

1 comment:

Big Heavy said...

glad to hear you're feeling better!! all uphill from here!! well, i guess lance would say 'all downhill' from here...

best wishes and prayers for you!!