Sunday, August 14, 2005

Distortion

Now is the hard part. Now it is hard NOT to think I have cancer popping up in the slightest sniffle or cough or other minor malady. For example, I have been coughing quite a bit lately. Dr. Carmel told me I might experience some of this in the last couple of weeks of radiation thereapy, so I am coughing a bit early. I am not sure if the coughing is due to the radiation, or the fact that I have slept with the windows open fo the last week. OR, is it cancer in my lungs? (highly unlikely) I have also noticed a black spot on my left big toe's toenail. There is also slight swelling at the base of my nailbed on the same toe. Is it cancer? (again, highly unlikely - but I will defintely get this checked this week)
I went swimming this weekend. 52 laps. Amazing isn't it? What I wish I could do now is sit up for more than 30 minutes at a time. Anything more than 30 minutes now and I can no longer take the strain on my lower back and I need to lie down. Swimming really makes me feel good - there is no strain on my back when I swim. I wish I could spend the day in the water. Dr. Sreenivasan is going to refer me for physical therapy (for my back) but not until after radiation therapy is complete...which won't be for another five weeks. I am worried about how I am going to make it through an 8 hour day back at work starting two weeks from now if I can barely stay in a sitting position for 30 minutes.

No comments: