Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Week In Review

Got a call from Uncle Luis: Auntie Josie is in the hospital (Mt. Diablo). So I went to visit her. She is doing well. She developed AFIB so she will be on Coumadin, like me.
I took another trip to Manteca on Tuesday, too. My cousin Remedy and I went to pick up her sister, Josie, from Sacramento International Airport. Josie came down for Remedy's brain surgery at UCSF. Remedy has a brain tumor that is being operated on as I type this. God Bless Remedy! I didn't get home until 12:30 am on Wednesday morning.
Monday I was not feeling well at all. I actually started crying when Mark was leaving for work...and I don't know why. Just a bundle of emotions, I think.
Tuesday was much better. Unfortunately, I went all out...with the trip to see Auntie Josie, and the trip to Manteca. I have a tendency to overdo on days that I feel better than usual. Of course, the next day, I pay for it.
Wednesday I was totally pooped. I didn't even get up until 4:45 pm.
So here it is, Thursday, and I need to get my fanny down to Quest to get my blood drawn so we can find out if the Coumadin is therapeutic. I think I will ask for a CBC, too. Just because I am curious about my White Blood Cell count. Hehehe. The CBC is not really due until next week. So this CBC will be just for my own info. Maybe I will be able to see if my exhaustion is due to a bit of anemia or something. I don't go back to see Dr. Sherman ntil next week, so I am looking for a little more info for myself.
I have lots to do today. But I am still tired. I want to go by the hospital to bring Auntie Josie some puzzle books, and I definitely need to go to Longs Drugs and to Safeway...we are out of groceries. I have this list of stuff, but no energy to go get it or put it away. We'll see. I need to callback the A/C folks...it's broken again. I also need to schedule the window people to fix a window ...yet again.
I still have my bruises. It doesn't feel right to have them so long. They are so ugly.
But first....going to get my blood drawn. Anything else I get done will be a bonus at this point.

No comments: