PROJECT: 05-DJC:174.9

This is Deirdre's Breast Cancer Diary. I try to update this blog at least every evening. This is an easy way for me to keep a journal of the experience, and at the same time, I can keep my friends and family up-to-date on what is going on. I find it is not so bad to have cancer, but it is awfully depressing to talk about it. I hope you laugh as you read along. You can find the beginning in February ...in the archives. Thanks again for reading :o)

Thursday, June 09, 2005

My CBC

We did have some abnormal results in the CBC. Apparently my White Blood Cell count was 43.(something) and the range should have been 7.0 to 10.(something), so I was waaaay over the top. Don't know why. Too bad we missed the appt with Dr. Sherman....he could have helped explain this. Rats. Also, I got an additional shot today from Mary. Something to increase my red Blood Cells or my Hemoglobin. I forgot the name of the drug.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You were probably given the drug Aranesp.

    Cindy

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger melissa said…

    I did a little digging ..and found this on druginfonet.com....

    White Blood Cell Count [posted 8/11/98]
    Question: My white blood cell count came back at about 21.5, and normal is around 11. Does this imply anything besides leukemia? Is 21.5 possibly a spike, fighting off flu, or because it is high, if repeated in another test, should that mean go to a bone marrow test automatically? Will a blood test indicate if it's chronic or quick?

    Answer: Possibly an infection, but pretty high for a simple infection. Re-check it in 3 weeks, but I'd keep a close eye on this. Are the white cells lymphocytes, neutrophils, etc. Are there any immature forms or blasts? These are all important questions.


    Dont know if it will help you or not.

    Hugs :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home