Monday, June 13, 2005

Baseball and Sunshine

Mark and I had tickets to the Indians versus the SF Giants at SBC Park on Saturday night, but we did not go. I think Mark was in a funk. I was a bit tired from the car wash but Mark just wasn't feeling like going.
Sunday, we did go to the game. I was afraid to go...I wanted Mark to go with someone else. We checked with our friend Kathy, but she couldn't go. It's hard to find someone to go when you only have a few hours notice. I was nervous about going. I was unsure about what my body could handle...especially on a chemo week. Mark had gotten us tickets to sit directly behind home plate at SBC Park, Row B (2). They were awesome seats. We got to the game eventually after having been stuck on the Muni train for a half hour or so while they figured out their main computer power outage. But still we got there at about 11:15 am (gates open at 11:00 am). It was important for us to get there early so we could relax and get comfortable and not have to fight through crowds. Plus, we got to watch batting practice.
But it was sooo hot. It was so hot I got a headrush and felt like I was going to blackout. Mark took me right down underneath in the field club so I could rest. It turns out I could not go back out there and we left the game before the first inning. It was awful . Mark really wanted to go. I felt like I let him down. Such good seats! What a waste. Mark is sure it was the hot weather that did me in. I am on chemotherapy, but I am also on Coumadin (blood thinner), and the heat will only exacerbate the blood thinning.
You should see my bruises. They are the size of lemons. I will post pictures of them after this post.

No comments: