Sunday, May 01, 2005

Pre-Mother's Day Cemetery Trip

Went down to the cemetery today. It was a beautiful day. I like to drive. Driving is especially good therapy for me. It's like I am outrunning the cancer. Driving doesn't require too much from my brain. It's like going on autopilot. I did get a few waves of nausea - even though I took my anti-nausea pill.
This is the first time I have been to the cemetery since I was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was nice to go...I cried a lot. Almost ended up running to Mom & Dad's headstone. I wanted to show Mom, "Hey, I am doing it! I am fighting the fight!" And I wanted to show her my bald head...and how she was right - us kids do have nice shaped heads!
Mark and I stopped (as usual) at Albertsons in San Bruno - they have the most beautiful cut flowers there. Really gorgeous. I wish now I had taken a picture of the plot as we left it to post here. We got some yellow spider mums and pink carnations - and red roses that looked like velvet.
I am trying to get through ironing some shirts for Mark, but I have to rest after every one.

No comments: