Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Head, Shoulders, Arms and Hands (Arms and Hands)

My head feels cool a lot. I have this little turban thingy...I need something else. Funny, I have never been one to feel cool much at all. But these days - I'm feelin' it, baby.
I have developed sniffles and a cough in the last week and a half. I don't like it. I have a strong cough (says Mark - sometimes at night I cough so loud it scares the living daylights out of him and he wakes up with a start...it's funny) and when I cough I feel it in the left side of my neck and shoulders. Strange. The left side is where my chemo P.A.S. Port is. I am not sure if the coughing is bothering my port - I will ask my doctor on Wednesday.
I have also noticed my arm is bothering me. I noticed it was feeling funny (get it? my humerus?) a couple of weeks ago - my upper arm felt...funny. Like maybe I had overstretched it somehow reaching for the remote control. Wow! Did I just say that? HAHAHAHA! That is just sad. Just think: I might have overexerted myself when I reached for the remote control. That is disgusting. I am ashamed. How am I going to say that to the doctor with a straight face? LOL
But seriously, my left arm does feel different than my right arm...and this just developed in the last couple of weeks. I was thinking that if I had stretched it, the feeling would go away, but it hasn't. It doesn't feel like the tingling and numbness due to the chemotherapy. It feels more like I have too much blood in that arm. It feels like my arm is swollen, but it isn't. So I will have to ask the doctor about it.
I have noticed the nausea has become steady. I feel it almost constantly. When it is here, it is like waves, and it is especially heavy at night. Lying down in bed feels like being on a boat. I am okay for a while, then every 30 seconds to a minute (or so it seems)....a wave of nausea and I am forced to a more upright position. I have learned to sleep in the most unusual positions. (And I realize there are several jokes that can be made at this point - I won't make any of them!)

No comments: