Thursday, May 12, 2005

Chemo #4 - check!

I feel yucky today. Same as last time. Plus, add a little tinnitus in my left ear.
After chemo we went to Longs Drugs to pick up another prescription: Coumadin. Coumadin is a blood thinner. My doctor says it must have been an oversight somehow - all patients with a chemo port are prescribed Coumadin. Not a big confidence builder, eh? This new prescription was written yesterday in response to my complaints about my left arm feeling full. He didn't touch my arm...but today at chemotherapy, Gwen (my nurse) noticed that the arm was indeed swollen and quite full. This bothers me and I need to watch it closely. This could be early signs of lymphedema. I am to notify the doctor's office if there is no improvement or if it gets worse.
Oh yes, also picked up a spray bottle of Benadryl for the rash on my arms.
I learned about one of my pre-meds yesterday. Pre-meds are the medications that I get in my IV before the chemotherapy drugs are administered. The first one I get is ALOXI. It is a four to five day anti-nausea drug. However, today I was moved to take anti-nausea COMPAZINE, as well.
So now I am going to lie down and listen to my normal cells resist the chemotherapy and feel the chemotherapy kill the cancer cells.

No comments: