Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Team: TICKLED PINK

My sister, Arlene, has joined the Avon Walk and has registered as a WALKER! We have combined forces and have started our own team: "TICKLED PINK". Click to be transported to our Avon Walk Team Page! I tried to load a couple of pictures of the two of us (one from 1968 and another from 1998 or so...) can't figure out why I can't see either one of them. But not to worry - my sister has a link at the bottom of our team page where you can see her picture. We look alike - no surprise (duh). Our mother had breast cancer. Her name was Angelita Padilla Lumbre Cronan. She has since passed away (Dec 2000) but not from breast cancer. Our dad's mom (Grandma Dunton aka Ruth Viola Truesdell Cronan Dunton) had breast cancer and lost her battle with it in 1973. We have had enough of breast cancer. The walk is on July 9th and 10th, so it is time to start training! I went for a walk with Mark on Saturday on a trail in Clayton - it was beautiful. I'd say we went at least 2 miles. We are going to keep training as long as I am able to eat cupcakes (hehehe).

No comments: