Sunday, March 06, 2005

MRI Details

Have you seen the Exorcist? Do you remember the part where Regan gets the MRI? ...and there is this reeeeally loud banging sound while the MRI pictures are being taken? Neither do I. BUT, my sister Arlene says it's in there. (I watched most of The Exorcist though my fingers) Well, THAT is what my MRI experience was all about. Jennifer, my MRI Technician, had me climb up onto the ledge that would slide me into the MRI hole right after I put my breasts through these holes that look like muffin cups! Kinda like breasticles. I was a little scared...after I got them in the cups, she slid me back into the MRI hole....but I got this feeling like I was in a meat slicer. Like it was a mastectomy machine! YIKES! Well, not to worry. She said she got some beautiful pictures. (?) Yeah. Anyway...It took about an hour to get through all of the *sequences* (pictures). Whew! When we were done it felt like it might feel if I were to go deaf. I am kidding. It was loud, though. Jennifer gave me earplugs and she spoke to me in the tube throughout the entire 30 minutes it took for the MRI.

No comments: