Sunday, March 13, 2005

Excess Bloggage

The radiologist joked and told me that the nice incision along my areola would heal nicely and then I could continue my topless dancing. That was funny! I mean, isn't the areola one of the most sensitive areas of the entire body? Why on earth would you want to make any incision there? Why would you want to put a sharp instrument anywhere CLOSE to the areola? Geez, it if is dark pink - stay away from it with stainless steel!
My breast is warm most all of the time, and feels a little knotty due to the surgeries (scar tissue & all), it is a bit swollen and tender and my breast is basically purple again, like after the first surgery. But it is a pretty purple.....
Mark and I ordered a couple of things from gotcancer.org: a few mugs for my oncologists that say "I kill cancer" on them. We went to drop one of them off at Dr. Gorey's office. She loved it. I took the liberty of asking her about the shooting pains I have been having the last couple of days under my left arm and the ridge that seems to have formed there as well. Dr. Gorey explained that the ridge was the suture and that the shooting pains down my left arm that start in my armpit are normal and to be expected as the last part of the healing process. That was a relief. I was afraid that it might be a bad thing so long after the surgery for something to start hurting so badly. I don't want to take Darvocet anymore and the pains were making me want to take them again.
I forgot to tell her that when I lie on my left side it feels like my heart starts palpitating - probably due to the fact that my chemo port is getting a little jammed up in my heart area- so I just don't lie that way anymore. Kinda hard for a side sleeper, but I'd rather not jam up my catheter! Other than that, I guess I am doing GREAT! I will be able to go back into work this coming week sometime and am anxious to start writing tests using my new knowledge about the new drugs I am and will be taking in the future!

No comments: