Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Eureka! We found the films!

Mark and I found the films today! First we went back to Pacific Imaging where they almost immediately threw their hands in the air like we were bank robbers. Then decided to put on the flippers, snorkel and face mask and jump into the task of finding the films. We were committed to turning over every square inch of the hospital in order to find them, but were lucky and found them at the hospital within the first ten minutes of looking. :-) It would be nice if Pacific Imaging could have handled this for us.....since they lost them!
Anyway, the films are found and we went back to Pacific Imaging to wave them at their noses.
I have collected many pictures now of people I have met on my Cancer Journey...and I have them stored in my Yahoo! Photo Album named Deirdre's Breast Cancer Team. I have no idea how to get them available to you all. If you send me an email with your email address, I will send you the invitation thingy to view the pictures. Don't be shy! Just do it! These guys are great! There are only 8 pictures so far...but I am getting better at taking them. I will also be adding pictures when I start losing hair. So! Email me! (I just don't want to send it to adxprod, ya know?)
Dang, I know how to make a web page...maybe I will just do that. Then no screwing around trying to get these silly pictures! As Mitch says, "Gah!"
If anyone can help me figure it out, let me know! I made that album public so anyone can view it...what a dork I am. And I call myself a technophile. More like a technodork.
Doctor Gorey called today: I am done with surgery! I will keep my left breast! That means she did get all of the remaining cancer in the left breast. Woohoo!
Dr. Sherman called, too. He said the lymph nodes were positive for cancer so we are going to squeeze in a P.E.T. test, too. The P.E.T. test will show a little more detail as to if and where the lymph nodes have taken the cancer. The lymph node involvement news does not change our treatment plan. And the results of the P.E.T. test will not changes any plans either...but they may be helpful for other women as these tests results help us understand more about cancer.
I am tired today. And I am more sore today than yesterday. After the Amazing Race (our favorite show) I am going to call it a day.
Tomorrow we meet with the genetic counselor, Dr. Patricia Kelly. We are going to talk with her about the test I can take to see if I have the gene that predisposes me to breast cancer. (my mom had breast cancer) This will help me decide what kind of hormone drugs I want to take later on... I don't know much about this right now, but I will after tomorrow.
Cheers!

No comments: