Monday, March 28, 2005

Cancer Support

I went to a Cancer Newcomer's group tonight in Pleasant Hill at The Wellness Community. It was great. Mark couldn't break away from work to come with me- I really missed him sitting beside me. There were two other couples besides myself - one has cervical cancer (diagnosed Feb 2004) and the other has lung cancer (diagnosed March 2005). I hope to see them again. The way it works is you go to the newcomers' meeting (2 hours) and then you sign up to meet with one of the interns for a one-on-one. This is where they show you what is available to you, and try to find things that might interest you and try to find days and times that work with your schedule...all for free! I told Mark all about it - (they also have support group for caregivers that are held at the same time as the patient support group - but in different rooms) I told them all about Mark, too! They have the newcomer class every Monday night - Mark and I are going to go together next Monday. :-)

No comments: