Monday, March 21, 2005

Another MRI done.

I think the Avon webpage confusion is straightened out. ..I think. I had another MRI today. The purpose of the MRI was to get more information on the area of my arm that showed hyper-metabolism in my PET Scan. The technician there at John Muir couldn't get all of the contrast dye into my vein, (although she gets an *A* for effort) but hopefully she got enough of it in so that I won't need to go back for another set of images on the MRI machine. Man, that sucker is L O U D! It took extra long, due to the fact that an MRI of an arm is not a popular request...and so she (the tech) had to fiddle around a little bit in order to get the right angle and all. When we were done I asked her if she was able to see the area that was of concern, and she said she did. (Sigh) I wonder what it is....I think it is more cancer. That's what the radiologist who analyzed the PET Scans thinks, too. See, when Dr. Sherman ordered the MRI after looking at the PET, he would normally have sent the PET Scan images and the report over to the place where I would have the MRI performed. However, for some reason they didn't get there , so I went to pick them up at Dr. Sherman's office. I picked up a manila folder that had 3 8 x 10's inside, as well as a three-page report on the PET Scan findings. Very Interesting, I must say. A little depressing, too. I made a copy of it to keep with my other pathology reports that I have been collecting. I better go to bed now. I have a meeting early in the morning with H.R. I think tomorrow might be the day that Longs Drugs tells me that my services are no longer wanted.

No comments: