Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Three Tattoos

I met my new Radiation Oncologist this afternoon. He is Dr. Carmello. The receptionist there in Radiation Oncology told Mark & me (when we first got there) that we had missed our 2:00pm appt today. All we knew about was our 3:45 pm appointment. WTF? SO, I guess that was when we were supposed to meet Dr. Carmello. Oh well. Rescheduled for Aug 3rd!
I will start radiation therapy no sooner than Aug 4th. Can you believe that? That is so far away! Another two weeks, right? Geez!
Anyway, today's appointment was basically for marking up the area that will get the radiation...my left breast and some lymph nodes on the left side too. The lymph nodes are in my neck, so that'll be weird. The doctor kinda went nuts with the felt-tip marking pen. He drew outlines of the entire breast, then they took a CT scan of the area after taping wires on the lines he drew so that they would show up on the CT scan.
Then, I got my three tattoos. The tattoos help the techs when I get the radiation...it helps them aim the laser I think.
It was a fun appointment.

No comments: