Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Swimming

I went swimming today at Cowell Pool. It felt great. I swam for 30 minutes, mostly interval stuff. I surprised myself by swimming 25 yards in 20 seconds after so many years. 50 yards took about 45 seconds, though. I was a competitive swimmer for ten years - started when I was nine years old. I haven't really been in the pool since I was nineteen for lap swimming, except a couple of times over the last twenty years. Being in the water is great: I don't feel my weight like I do on land. It is the perfect exercise for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She did it!!
Congratulations Deirdre- you have finished with the chemotherapy portion of your therapy. You have achieved this with a grace and humor that has endeared you to all of us. We will miss having you with us every two weeks. See you at your next visit.
Kathleen NP

Anonymous said...

Dear Deirdre,
Yeah!!! you are all done! your sense of humor is unforgettable. You always made me laugh. Congrats! Can't wait to see you at your next visit.

Jennifer MA