PROJECT: 05-DJC:174.9

This is Deirdre's Breast Cancer Diary. I try to update this blog at least every evening. This is an easy way for me to keep a journal of the experience, and at the same time, I can keep my friends and family up-to-date on what is going on. I find it is not so bad to have cancer, but it is awfully depressing to talk about it. I hope you laugh as you read along. You can find the beginning in February ...in the archives. Thanks again for reading :o)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Swimming

I went swimming today at Cowell Pool. It felt great. I swam for 30 minutes, mostly interval stuff. I surprised myself by swimming 25 yards in 20 seconds after so many years. 50 yards took about 45 seconds, though. I was a competitive swimmer for ten years - started when I was nine years old. I haven't really been in the pool since I was nineteen for lap swimming, except a couple of times over the last twenty years. Being in the water is great: I don't feel my weight like I do on land. It is the perfect exercise for me.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She did it!!
    Congratulations Deirdre- you have finished with the chemotherapy portion of your therapy. You have achieved this with a grace and humor that has endeared you to all of us. We will miss having you with us every two weeks. See you at your next visit.
    Kathleen NP

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Deirdre,
    Yeah!!! you are all done! your sense of humor is unforgettable. You always made me laugh. Congrats! Can't wait to see you at your next visit.

    Jennifer MA

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home