Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Swimming Again

I went swimming again today. I ran into a woman I went to school with but had not seen since 8th grade! Sherry Smith was her name. Imagine that? Small world. Anyway, I swam for another 30 minutes today and I have to tell you I did not want to go. I was planning on going with my younger sister, Erin, but she called to say she couldn't make it. So I lolly-gagged around the house and finally forced myself out the door and over to the pool. Of course, once you get to the pool, the rest comes easily. I cannot tell you how good it feels to be in the water. It is where I was born to be. After swimmiung, though, I was exhausted and took off my clothes and went straight to bed for a good long nap. I will go swimming again next week. I should have my strength back by then (1 week after chemo), plus I have the Avon Walk to do this weekend. My goal is to swim a mile three times a week.

No comments: