PROJECT: 05-DJC:174.9

This is Deirdre's Breast Cancer Diary. I try to update this blog at least every evening. This is an easy way for me to keep a journal of the experience, and at the same time, I can keep my friends and family up-to-date on what is going on. I find it is not so bad to have cancer, but it is awfully depressing to talk about it. I hope you laugh as you read along. You can find the beginning in February the archives. Thanks again for reading :o)

Thursday, July 14, 2005

My Leg

Last night I was so uncomfortable. It was difficult for me to sit in any position. The pain is in my lower back on my left side. So, normally I go back to the bedroom and lie down on my bed and let the NORCO take over. I usually get to napping and will wake up just fine - any discomfort is relieved. However, this was not to be the case last night. Last night, I dozed off and woke up without my foot. Actually, without my leg! You know how it feels when you fall asleep on your arm, you wake up but your arm is still sleeping(?) You shake your arm, the ants come and a couple of minutes later - your arm is back. But I shake my leg, I get no ants and today, I still have no ants!
Ok, so I had to go to get my PET scan this morning on crutches. This is just a follow-up PET scan for the abnormality found in my arm late March. We will have the results of that in a few days. Those of you who know what my first scan was like, this one went much better than that. ThankYouVeryMuch!
So after coming home from the PET scan, we called Dr. Sreenivasan's office - no answer. No answering machine. I thought she was out of business. I also called Kathleen Fitterer (NP)and left a message and then I took another nap. Thankfully, my little sister Erin, was here to watch over me while Mark went to attend to business things. We decided after watching Anchorman on HBO (with Ron Burgundy), to call Dr. Sreenivasan again. Dr. Sree told us to come right down to pickup an order for a thoracic MRI and a lumbar sacro MRI. Busy day to say the least. Because, we wasted a trip to Pacific Imaging in Walnut Creek, where we were referred for these MRI's. They said that they were too busy and that the soonest they could do the tests would be Monday. H-e-l-l-o? Can't feel my leg! The order from Dr. Sree had "STAT" written across it. Thanks! FOR NOTHING! They only re-directed to their Concord facility. Well, Concord was great. In fact, the moment we entered - they asked, "Deirdre Cronan?...we've been waiting for you". Gigi was my MRI technician, who set me up with classical music to listen to through headphones during the hour and a half procedure. Erin waited just outside the room and heard the music loud and clear.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home