Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Monday & Tuesday

I picked up my MRIs and brought them to Dr. David Basco in Oakland. Basically, this leg problem I am having (numbness) is the same problem that I saw him for two years ago in September 2003. I had a bulging disk at that time and apparently I have more than one bulging disk now, and also arthritis now, too, in my back. Great. So the problem is exacerbated. No cancer in my back though!
So my leg is still numb, I can't sit for really any length of time that exceeds more than five or ten minutes or so, I can't walk up and down stairs without pain....ARGH. AND, there is no quick fix on the horizon.
My primary care provider, Dr. Sreenivasan wants to wait on sending me to physical therapy until after I am done with radiation thereapy, but I can't wait that long- I have to get back to work soon! So, I am going to see Dr. David the chiropractor three times per week starting yesterday. Actually, my leg seems a little better already.
As for the cancer, I am feeling ok. Swimming yesterday was difficult. Hard to catch my breath. I will see Dr. Sherman on Thursday with my Large Blood Count results in hand. I will also get another red blood cell booster shot. If this means (which I think it does) that my red blood cells are low, it would explain the shortness of breath when swimming, now wouldn't it? Dr. Sherman is going to talk to Mark & me about the future (follow-up testing for cancer, etc.) and he should also be giving us the results of the PET scan from last week. I am anxious to hear about those test results.

No comments: