Thursday, July 07, 2005

Chemo #8 - check please!

Ok. I am done with chemotherapy! (Actually, all that is left of the chemotherapy are two weeks of side effects)
Mark and I stopped on the way in and picked up a bunch of sunflowers and a couple of bottles of wine for Mary and Gwen (my chemotherapy nurses). We got one bottle of red and a bottle of white. We figured it was the least we could do to repay them for the toxins they were pumpin' through me for the last fourteen weeks! Red wine, to symbolize the Adriamycin/Cytoxan cocktail, and white wine for the Taxol. Mary and Gwen will have to decide who gets which wine. Enjoy, ladies! I did! And don't forget to take the wine by mouth - not intravenously. (hehehehe)
Well I cried the first time, and I cried the last time. It was hard to start chemotherapy, but it was infinitely harder to end chemotherapy. The time went by much quicker than usual, of course, or so it seemed. I cried at the onset, and again several times in between. I cried at the end when I got lots of hugs from the girls. Mary and I went over the next times I will be back there - several times in the coming weeks, so that had a calming effect on me.
How I feel today (physically): I feel fine. I am a bit tired, but I am not sleepy. I am never really sleepy on the night of chemo, and when I try to lie down in bed I end up tossing all night. I am feeling slightly nauseous, so I may take a compazine for insurance.
I am all jazzed up for this weekend. This weekend is the Avon Walk For Breast Cancer in San Francisco. My sister and I have accumulated the minimum amount of donations required to earn the walk. Isn't that great? I want to thank all of my friends and family that donated to us both. I am so glad I have my sister to go with me. Thank you all!

No comments: