Sunday, June 05, 2005

Weekend and Walking

Mark and I went for walks on both Saturday and Sunday. Kathleen didn't tell me it was against the rules, so we went. It was good. I am not used to walking much these days but to go wake up the muscles. I have gained a lot of weight over the last few months...but I am ok. One thing at a time. On Saturday we went just a short walk over in Clayton. On Sunday we went over to Newhall Park. Yes, I felt good this weekend...didn't even take Vicodin today. And only one yesterday. I got tired pretty quickly, but the important thing to remember is that we are just getting moving. This is a not a sprint, it is a marathon.
Watched a few good movies this week: The Aviator, Collateral, and Finding Neverland. Auntie Josie and Uncle Luis came over for barbeque today (my first home-made attempt at pork rib marinade[awesome] and fruit salad[awesome]) and we watched National Treasure. All good movies. I especially liked The Aviator because I was able to prepare by watching a special program about Howard Hughes on the History Channel the very same day. Heehee.
I have been having a hard time remembering to take my Coumadin at exactly the same time everyday so I decided to (duh) set an alarm on my cell phone. Good job, Deirdre.
I only have about seventeen electronic gadgets that could keep between them all about 56 alarms.....
My sister got pretty worried on Friday. She hadn't heard from me. I had turned down the ringer on the phone because it rings incessantly. It is hard to get any rest sometimes because of the telemarketers and whoever the heck that calls and hangs up when I answer it. My legs were bothering me quite a bit last week so I turned the ringer down. Well sorry, Arlene...Yes I am alive. I should not have done that without letting you know. I do appreciate your concern. :)
Ok, time to go to bed. Have a great week!

No comments: