Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I Love Wednesdays

I had a pretty emotional day today. Wednesdays before chemo is usually very emotional. Today more than usual. I feel so good on these Wednesdays.... Then comes chemo on Thursday. Poo! I went for a ride to drop off a couple of presents for my friend Amitha, then to my sister Arlene's house in Pittsburg. Then I came home and picked up Mark for some errand running. We went to the new 76 staton near our home. We went to the bank and to my Aunt's house, over to Panda Express and to Longs Drugs. It is so nice to go for a drive with Mark. We don't go very many places lately except to the doctor's office. I was so happy that we were out together at one point I just burst out in tears. I love him very much. I wish Wednesdays before chemo could last 40 hours. I really don't like chemo Thursdays. There are only two more of them, I will get through it. It's just that... IT SUCKS!
I had an appointment this morning with Dr. Sherman. My CBC was fine. We also talked about the future a little. Dr. Sherman wrote up an order for a new PET scan. Yuck. I don't like California Imaging: the receptionist is mean and condescending. Here is my story from the first time I visited there. We are having another PET scan to follow up on the abnormal scan we had from back in early March. There was a spot on my arm that was cause for concern...but after chemotherapy. Now that chemo is almost done, we can check it out again...my arm, that is.
Discovery Of The Day (Rude Awakening Of The Day): Steely Dan's song: "Hey Nineteen" has the followig lyric that I just figured out for the first time today: "The Cuervo Gold/ The fine Columbian/ Make tonight a wonderful thing" OMG. It's about drugs. =:o

No comments: