Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day

Last night was approaching unbearable. My legs felt awful.
When the muscle and bone pain comes on, I find it helpful to sort of rock myself. I end up falling asleep...or should I say I end up waking up?
I think I woke up almost every hour last night. But last night I had only taken the Vicodin for the muscle and bone pain. From now on, it's Dexamethasone and Vicodin...both!
I noticed a big bruise on my right wrist this afternoon. Hmmm. I don't remember doing anything that would have caused the bruise, though. I woke up from a nap and there it was. It is about the size of a silver dollar on the back of my hand. I am worried about this. Kathleen said to watch for bruises, but I don't want to call her on Memorial Day. I have to go in tomorrow anyway to get my Pro-Time checked (for my blood clot). I will call her to tell her about it tomorrow.
I spoke with my Auntie Lina today. Hopefully we will get together sometime in the next couple of weeks. I don't think I've seen her since my Uncle Jerry passed away. That was a couple of years ago at least.
Mark put out the US Flag today. We had a little barbeque of our own. Mark makes great snowball cheeseburgers! He also bbq'ed a slab of babyback pork ribs. Yummy! We brought a couple of burgers and some ribs over to our next door neighbor, Leonard, and his wife. We agreed to have a joint bbq soon!
Now Mark is working from home on his pc, and I am watching the A's host the Devil Rays. It has been a nice, relaxing day.
I am going to wash the bbq sauce off my face and take my medicine (2 Dexamethasone, 1 Vicodin, 1 Compazine, 7.5 mg of Coumadin, and an Astronaut Pop) and start relaxing.
God bless the USA

No comments: