Friday, May 13, 2005

Happy Friday the 13th!

I went for my shot of Neulasta this afternoon. Ouch! Thanks a lot, CINDY! (Cindy's a SF Giants fan, and boy does she like to rub it in...she makes point of it!)
Before the appointment I took a shower, but after my shower I noticed that the blood vessels on the left side of my chest were quite visible - a lot of blue veins showing up on the left side of my chest and shoulder. None visible on my ride side.
After getting my shot of Neulasta (ouch!) , I asked to see Kathleen, the nurse practioner. I wanted to get her opinion about my veins and apparent swelling. I also had her feel a lump under my arm that is located a little above the scar of my lymphectomy. Kathleen then ordered an ultrasound of my left arm, chest & shoulder. Kathleen says it could be just a seroma - which is something that is leftover after surgery sometimes.
Anyway, I'll find out what it is in the next few days - I go to the hospital for this. I'll keep you posted!
Hope you had a great Friday the 13th! It's the only one we'll have this year!

No comments: