Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Such nice people

What wonderful surprises I've had this week. On Monday a man came to deliver a delicious cookie bouquet - little turtle cookies by Cookies By Design with Get Well Wishes. Then today, my buddy Bob dropped off an awesome package: it was a tshirt inside a purse all in a great backpack - all from The Breast Cancer Site! These gifts are all from my friends at Longs Drugs in the Pharmacy Development department. I am so touched by the outpouring of love and get well wishes I have received since the diagnosis. Thank you so much. I will make you all proud: I will be the very best chemo patient in the history of Walnut Creek. The backpack will be great for carrying Mark's & my water bottles to chemo and also my dvd's to watch and the extra headphones for Mark. (The chemo place provides the dvd players, isn't that great?) I can hardly wait, actually. I'd really like to get this going...
Like Pippin says in The Return Of The King (Lord Of The Rings): "I don't want to be in a battle, but waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse"
Thank you, again.

No comments: