Thursday, February 24, 2005

X-Rays and Ultrasounds

First I was scheduled to have my Diagnostic Mammogram at Diablo Radiology. Then we found an earlier appointment at Pacific Imaging, so that is who took the x-rays and the ultrasound films. That was on January 31st. Pacific Imaging then sent them over to Dr. Gorey's office. Dr. Gorey needed them for the surgery, which took place on February 3rd.
From there - who knows. We need them for the next surgery which is on Monday, February 28th. We also need a copy of them for the Neuroscan Group - they are going to give me a breast MRI next Thursday, March 3rd.
I went to Pacific Imaging last week (Feb 18) to request two copies (I wanted to put them up on this blog!) but they called me back and said they didn't have them - that they sent the originals to Dr. Gorey.
Dr. Gorey's nurses are pretty funny. Mary told us that they were sent back to Pacific Imaging on February 10th. Mary then double-checked to make sure she no longer had the x-rays and ultrasound images. So, Mark and I went back to Pacific Imaging on Tuesday after visiting Dr. Gorey. Again Pacific Imaging tells us they do not have our films.
Yeehaw! You should have seen Mark give them a little bit of Zigler-hell!
Mark: So, where is the "final resting place" for the films? P.I. rep #1: Uh...huh? Mark: Where do the films "live"?
P.I. rep #1: what? Mark: Who owns the films? P.I. rep #1: Oh, those films are our property. I think at this point Rep #1 was getting a bit frustrated at these probing questions and so she handed off to Rep #2.... Mark: Is it standard procedure to send original films out to the doctors' offices? P.I. rep #2: No. Mark: Interesting. Ok. We just came from Dr. Gorey's office and had her nurse search through the office and through her outgoing mail, as well in an effort to locate the images that her nurse says left her office on February 10th. We had her search because last week you told us that you did not have them when we requested copies on Feb 18th. P.I. rep #2: I think they are probably in the mailroom at John Muir Hospital. Mark: Ok, do you have the number for the Mail Room? P.I. rep #2: xxx-xxx-xxxx Mark: Why don't you give them a call? P.I. rep #2: Ok. (pauses and then whispers:) I am getting their voicemail. Mark: (whispers:) Leave a message.

No comments: