Sunday, February 27, 2005

What I have to look forward to this week...

This week, I will be busy... * Monday, February 28 - surgery - lymphectomy, cleanup of remaining cancer, and port insertion * Tuesday, March 1 Morning - follow-up with surgeon and medical oncologist * Wednesday, March 2 Afternoon - appointment with genetic counselor * Thursday, March 3 Morning - MRI * Friday, March 4 - At this time, nothing is scheduled... Also, we already know that we meet with the radiation oncologist on Tuesday, March 8. The first chemo session is on Thursday, March 31. There is a prep meeting on Wednesday, March 30 in the afternoon, and the chemo session starts at 9:00 on Thursday. Since there is no eating or drinking after midnight, it's time to finish off the brownies, lumpia, cherry pie, leftover rigatoni, chicken wings, chocolate pudding, driscoll strawberries, 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, leftover Valentine's cookies, peanut M&Ms, Aladino's pizza (in honor of surgery), walnuts, hard-boiled eggs, cream of wheat, stewed tomatoes, cheese whiz, grapes, bananas, oranges, caesar salad, hawaiian bread, starbursts (for dessert), and to wash it all down, a nice big glass of Diet Pepsi... This will keep me in training for my 3 weeks before chemo, when I am supposed to visit all my favorite (or soon to be favorite) restaurants, since my taste buds are going to do a flip turn. P.S. I got a wig - it's blonde!!! OBTW - Just in case I haven't said it today - I love my Mark. He is wonderful and everyone should have one - but you can't have mine!!!

No comments: