Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Testing, 1...2....3...

I feel like a sprinklerhead. I have so many holes in my arms and hands it's ridiculous. All of these nuclear tests require that I bleed....at least they seem to. I think my blood is trying to protest. It doesn't seem to want to come out anymore. So what happens is that I end up with several bruises on my arms for each attempt the medical technician makes in their vain (vein) attempt to get blood from me. Yesterday I had a MUGA test. I have forgotten what those letters stand for. It's like an EKG. They take blood from me and then "tag" it with some radioactive material...then re-inject it via the catheter it took 4 people to install in my arm....then watch as that tagged blood makes its way to my left ventricle. They want to know what my heart function is like under *normal* circumstances (as if being poked and pricked 4 times in a day is normal). They need to know my baseline because chemotherapy is sure to blow *normal* to smithereens.

No comments: