Friday, February 25, 2005

I am not really sick.

I spent the day with my Auntie Josie today. She goes to dialysis three times every week. While she is not a diabetic, she ....er....*Renal Impaired". I forgot her disgnosis. Anyway, Uncle Luis usually takes her to the Renal Services Center, but today I went in his stead, as he is out of town on a retreat. I figured it would be a good chance for me to learn more about what being hooked up to a machine is like and would give me a chance to visit with Auntie Josie. Whew! I am so glad my chemo appointments will be at 9:00 am instead of 6:30 am like Auntie Josie! Seriously, though, I learned today to be thankful for my health. There are lots of sick people in the world. Besides the breast cancer, I am a healthy young lady. It was a good shot in the arm (pardon the expression)! I feel great! I know things will not be a bed of roses in the coming months, but things could be worse, right? I want to thank Auntie Josie for allowing me the honor of accompanying her to her dialysis session. I also want to thank the wonderful people there who take such good care of her and all of the others that are regular visitors of Diablo Renal Services in Pleasant Hill. I must apologize to the man who was assigned the chair next to Auntie Josie - I have such a loud voice and laugh - I am sure that is why he turned up his TV volume to MAXIMUM. Therefore, apologies are also in order to the guy on the other side of the room because the TV volume of our next door neighbor was interfering with HIS TV on the other side! And I promise, next time I will go for the Orange Juice instead of the Triple Mocha at 6:30 am. =:o

No comments: